Whether you work as an independent blogger or as a marketing professional in a large international company, introducing your brand to the world at large can be a challenge. In recent years, social media platforms have spiked in popularity due to the sheer level of access available through smartphones and affordable personal computers. Facebook is perhaps the best option for those seeking to build an audience online, and this can be easily done by creating branded content.
Benefits of Branded Facebook Content
This is a guest post
Branded Facebook content has numerous obvious and not-so-obvious benefits:
- Better Audience Reach: Branded Facebook content allows you to reach bigger audiences. Not only that but also reach them more effectively too. It gives you additional exposure that so many brands need to start building their follower base which will become their customer base eventually.
- No Invasion: One of the biggest benefits of branded Facebook content is that it is not invasive. Instead of irritating your audience, branded content seeks to attract their attention naturally and make them want to know more about you. Moreover, your followers won’t be scared off by the fact that you are promoting something if you are partnering with another brand. For instance, Leo Messi uses the #ad tag just like everyone else to show that his post contains a paid promotion, and nobody shies away.
- Great Viral Potential: Branded content has amazing potential to go viral. Because it is often presented with numerous sharing options, branded content can easily become viral as it gains momentum using the “snowball” effect.
- Greater Loyalty: Every brand needs to have a faithful customer base. Creating loyalty is essential if you want to have returning customers. Branded Facebook content works wonders in this sense which even opens new opportunities for you. For example, Michael Phelps supports Colgate’s marketing campaign #EveryDropCounts and publishes posts about it. The audience already has a positive opinion about him which spreads out to Colgate and its campaign.
- More Authenticity & Trust: Being original and creative means that you will stand out of the crowd. Moreover, it will also help your potential and current customers trust you more making them loyal to your brand.
- Emotional Connection: Directly related to the two previous points, establishing an emotional connection with your followers will help you build lasting customer relationships. In addition to that, this will also humanize you and your brand.
- Promotes Traffic & Leads: Lastly, branded Facebook content promotes traffic and leads quite well making it one of the best options in terms of lead generation and increasing your conversion rate.
Types of Branded Content
Facebook allows you to create different types of branded content. Let’s look at each of them:
1- Plain Text & Articles: The most popular type of content is text. Whether it is plain text or an instant article, it is still something that provides your readers with the biggest amount of value. You can also supplement the text with other types of content which will make it even more effective.
2- Images: Everyone knows that visual content is the most important type of content as it ensures that your readers instantly notice it. While the text is easily optimized for search engines including Facebook’s search, it is still quite often ignored. Images such as illustrations, photographs, and infographics can help it stand out in the sea of other similar posts.
For image, here’s an example from ‘A nifty thrifty you’ facebook page
3- Videos: Videos have a potential almost no other type of content possesses. To put it simply: videos are popular. As mentioned above, any kind of branded content has a big chance to go viral, but videos may prove to be especially successful in this sense.
4- Slideshows & 360-Degree Videos: Both of these have one thing in common which is that they are an “improved” version of usual images and videos. They provide more value and can pull in your followers without them realizing it.
One minute? Pin the image below! 🙂
5- Live Streams: A lot of social media users say they prefer live streams to any other type of content when it comes from brands. Hosting regularly live streams can improve your engagement levels.
6- Other: In addition to the types of branded content mentioned above, there are others such as carousel, GIFs, links, canvas, and memes.
Are you interested in joining a free facebook group for bloggers and small biz owners? Join blogger’s camp! Make sure that this group is not for self promotion but a group to ask the questions and support other bloggers.
Set Content Standards
When you decide what types of branded Facebook content you will be creating, you will have to set certain content standards to ensure that all of the posts are of the highest quality. This is especially true for when you partner with influencers. Don’t let them publish their post until you check it yourself.
Furthermore, all the content must be optimized for search engines, both for the usual ones and for Facebook’s search. To find out more about different mistakes related to search engine optimization, check out 10 Common SEO Myths You Should Never Follow.
Introduce a Content Calendar
In addition to creating high-quality content, you must also post it regularly. Introduce a content calendar where you will plan what should be posted and when. Decide on how often you want to be posting. This will depend on your current follower base and your aims. The timing will also depend on who you are targeting and their location. Do some research if your target audience hasn’t been determined yet.
Use Content Creation Tools
What kind of content can you create without the help of content creation tools? You will need these for virtually any stage of your content creation process. Depending on the types of posts you chose to make, you will need to make use of different tools. Along with the ones you discover yourself after some research, here are some great options to consider:
- Grammarly: This online tool checks your text for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Trust My Paper: This online writing service can write your content for you in case you don’t have time to write it yourself.
- Hemingway Editor: This online tool highlights passive voice, adverbs, and complicated sentences in your text asking you to get rid of them.
- Studicus: This is another great online writing service to write your content for you.
- Google Docs: This web equivalent of Microsoft Office Word allows teams to work together sharing word documents and editing them in real-time.
- Canva: This tool allows you to create beautiful graphics with the help of pre-made templates as well as edit images.
- Animoto: This tool allows you to create animated videos.
Suggested post: Interested in other blogging tools and resources? Check out the full resource for bloggers here.
Engage with your Audience
Lastly, it is important to engage with your audience. Once you’ve published a post, monitor who comments under it and who shares it. If someone creates UGC (user-generated content) and tags you, interact with that post.
You can check out 8 Little Talked About Ways How Instagram Works For Your Business to find out about some of the potential results you will get from implementing branded content on your social media profiles (Facebook is closely related to Instagram and works in a very similar way).
Final Thoughts On Facebook Branded Content
All in all, creating facebook branded content is something every business looking to find an audience must do. Review this article again and start using the tips and tricks we outlined in your own marketing strategy.
Please share the post.
This is a guest post written by Kristin.
Kristin Savage is interested in writing and planning to publish her own book in the nearest future. Also, she has been a reviewer at IsAccurate for a few years and is known for her thorough approach to accurately assess newcomer translation services. You can find her on Facebook