Top Facebook Page Promotion Tips You Must Follow
You can hardly find a company today that doesn’t have a Facebook page. Not surprising at all. Facebook is one of the most popular social networks that is annually growing by 7% according to the number of daily active users. Entrepreneurs and bloggers understanding the importance of their presence there, are ready to invest resources in creating Facebook content. But together with opportunities, we have a crazy competition that makes us fight for users’ attention.
In fact, the effectiveness of a Facebook page depends on the number of people who see your content there. But how to get visible with all that competition?
Let’s dive into the most essential Facebook page promotion tips that most people forget about, and that will help you increase organic reach and improve engagement rate.
Will Facebook be still useful in 2022?
Today most bloggers have started to use TikTok and Instagram as marketing channels. The format of light videos is very engaging and allows grabbing the audience’s attention. But despite the popularity of these platforms, Facebook is still continuing to grow.
According to the Social Media Examiner survey, 95% of experienced marketers focus on Facebook as their primary channel.
To understand the potential of Facebook as a marketing platform, let’s take a look at some stats for 2021.
- Facebook takes third place according to traffic being outranked by Google and YouTube (source)
- The number of daily active users – 1.91 billion
- Time people spend on Facebook daily – 38 minutes (source)
- The largest demographics are aged 25-34 (source)
- The number of active advertisers – more than 7 million (source) It works for so many businesses!
- The number of businesses using Facebook as a communication platform – over 160 million (source)
- According to the survey, 91% of people are ready to buy from local businesses, and 64% are members of online communities (source)
If you have a local business or want to promote your brand internationally, Facebook provides huge benefits. Here are some of the essential reasons why you should consider using Facebook:
- Facebook is a bridge connecting your brand with its audience
It is the place where your target audience spends time, and that is the number one reason for you to be present there. Facebook allows learning people’s behavior, values, and interests to modify your communication strategy.
- It is a great communication platform
Do you have a new product or would like to announce a sale? There is no need to search for additional communication tools when you have a Facebook page with a loyal audience.
- It is a business card of your brand
Facebook provides all the basic information about your business, such as contacts, mission, list of products, branding style, reviews, and community.
- It is a space for fun and interactive content
Social media is a place for fun. Facebook provides unlimited opportunities for interactive content. Small and big companies use Facebook for contests, giveaways, polls, and challenges.
As you can see, the number of pluses of growing a Facebook page is big enough. The only minus here is that this process requires knowledge and time. So, here are the most effective tips that will help you promote your Facebook page for free and considerably increase its engagement rate.
7 Facebook Page Promotion Tips You shouldn’t Forget About
1. Optimize your Facebook page
When creating a Facebook page, most people forget about basic optimization rules that influence its online visibility. Page optimization helps your potential clients to find your business among thousands of other business pages. Additionally, it allows new people to understand what your business is about and why they should follow you.
So, make sure to consider these key optimization tips:
- Use keywords in the description
If you are familiar with SEO, you understand what is meant here. It is highly important to be creative and sound interesting when describing your business, but don’t forget to use the words that explain your service the most.
- Customize your Facebook URL
Using a customized URL (aka “vanity URL”) instead of a standard Facebook link format is essential for SEO. Make your link easy to pronounce and remember. You can strengthen your brand recognition if your Facebook page link is the same as a page name.
- Identify the right category
Whether you have a blog or a small local business, you need to specify it with the right category. For example, you have decided to start a podcast and promote it through a Facebook page. So, make sure to categorize your page accordingly.
Each category helps Facebook show your busines page to the right people, and improve brand awareness. Make sure to select the one that is more suitable for your business.
- Choose your CTA button
Adding a call to action button is another great way to communicate with your followers and generate leads. You can ask them to subscribe to your blog newsletter or visit your online shop.
2. Segment your Audience
Target audience segmentation should be a part of your content marketing strategy. Segmenting your audience means dividing people into smaller groups by their values and connection to your brand. This step helps to understand which type of content will work better for each group and bring more organic reach.
Here is a list of the key target audience segments you should consider:
- Potential customers (people who haven’t bought from you yet)
- One-time customers (people who bought from you once a long time ago)
- Recent customers (people who have recently bought from you)
- Loyal customers (repeating customers and loyal followers who always engage with your content. This is your strongest army!)
To create engaging and lead-generating content, you need to describe each group by their values answering the following questions –
What type of content will make potential customers buy?
Why haven’t one-time customers bought more?
How to engage recent customers to sell them more?
What can you offer to your loyal customers to increase this army?
Note: Remember to save the pin below to pinterest boards and come back later.
3. Add a link to your Business page outside of Facebook
Promote your Facebook page outside of social media by linking to it in your contact details. Most entrepreneurs add the links to their business pages on Facebook instead of their personal pages. It is a great way to tell more about your business and increase its exposure.
Here are some other ideas on how to promote your Facebook page for free –
- Show the Facebook link in your Instagram bio
- Pin a tweet with a Facebook page link
- Add the link to your blog contact details
- Add the link to your Pinterest profile description
- Send an email to your subscribers and ask them to follow your page
4. Use your Blog Content to Promote Embed Facebook posts
Embed posts are another great way to promote your Facebook page for free. Just make your Facebook content be a part of your blog post and attract more potential followers.
How to add embed posts?
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Facebook page and select the post you would like to promote
- Click on the top-right icon on the post and select “Embed”
- Copy HTML code on Facebook and add it to your blog article
5. Focus on Edutaining Content
Promotion is important but the content is the key. You could invest money in ads but they won’t work if your content is boring.
According to the Facebook forecast 2021, edutaining content is the one people are most interested in after the pandemic. It means that people would like to learn something new through being entertained.
Think about the way you can make your content educational and entertaining at the same time. It is your chance to show all of your creativity by making step-by-step tutorials, telling more about the product or industry in general.
6. Use Live Streams to Get More Exposure
Did you know that Facebook is considered to be the number one live video platform in 2021? Facebook live streams are used by 30% of marketers, while Instagram and YouTube streams by 14% only. And no wonder because this format is one of the most effective ways to increase organic reach and attract more attention to your brand.
And here are some tips on how you can attract more people to your Facebook lives:
- Create events to announce your live streams. Facebook users frequently search for online events, and it is a great chance to find new fans of your brand.
- Announce each live stream beforehand and ask your loyal audience to share it and invite their friends.
- If you frequently go live on Instagram, use an additional device to do the same on Facebook. Such live streams can be a great cross-promotion tool that will unite all your existing fans and attract more people interested in the topic of your live discussion.
7. Grow your Community
Growing an active and engaging Facebook group is time-consuming but it is one of the most effective ways to build a strong brand. And it doesn’t matter whether you are a local business owner or a blogger, whether you have a product or just plan to sell something in the future.
Start growing your community from the first days of growing your business. It is more than just a Facebook page promotion tip. It is a great chance to build an army of loyal fans who will follow you outside of social media.
More helpful posts;
Facebook branded content – The beginner’s guide
40+ best facebook groups for bloggers
23 ideas to promote your facebook group
Sum up – Facebook Promotion Tips
Facebook is still a great platform for growing a business and communicating with the audience. As far as you can see, there are a lot of ways of how you can promote your Facebook business page for free. In fact, all of the above-mentioned tips can be grouped into three big steps –
Step 1. Optimize your Facebook page
Step 2. Promote your page for free
Step 3. Build a community
Make sure to focus on quality over quantity, be consistent, and never give up!
If you like the post, please be sure to leave your comment below and share the post 🙂
Tatyana Artemova is an entrepreneur, mastermind expert, and editor at IStartHub. She writes about business ideas and growth hacks to support entrepreneurs on their business journeys.
Leave a Reply