Feeling excited for holiday content ideas? If you want to get your blog business growing during the holidays, then it’s high time to find more holiday blog post ideas. Even though it’s seasonal content, and you only get traffic to these posts during peak season but those are some monstrous traffic numbers.
Yep! All those heavy seasonal blog traffic that could double or triple your ad income, and affiliate earnings.
I’m an advocate of evergreen content to the extent that I published a popular ebook on ‘Evergreen Content Strategies’. But, I also believe that seasonal content like holiday blog post topics, Christmas blog post ideas, winter blog topics are the most searched topics during the last quarter.
And, you don’t want to skip that!
Why You Must Write Holiday Blog Post Topics
Let me quickly share a few reasons why you should start planning and writing holiday content ideas at least 4-6 months prior to holidays.
- Sometimes, SEO takes at least 6 months to rank your content. The best time is to prepare and publish your holiday posts at least 6 months in advance so that your content gets seen.
- Holiday posts can be updated and refreshed every year. You can always add new updates to last year’s content, change a few headings and make your content fresh.
- There are numerous earning potentials during holidays. As people in the US and throughout the World spend more money on holidays, it’s a huge earning opportunity for bloggers.
- Plan your social media marketing plan for holidays in advance. Holidays are usually busy for everyone. So, in order to spend time with family, make sure to schedule your social media content ideas in advance.
- It doesn’t matter what niche you are in, you can still write holiday blog posts.
By the end of the post, you will get an ultimate list of holiday blog post ideas but before that, I have shortlisted some popular content topics for holidays.
Feel free to get creative and come up with your own topics using these popular strategies.
Popular Holiday Blog Post Ideas
Let’s start planning blog posts for holidays.
#1. Do a Holiday Series
Just like 10 days of Christmas, you can do a series on any topic you like. The purpose is to do a series based on one theme. For example, you could do a series on ‘10 Days Series: how to celebrate holidays’. Share one idea every day.
Holiday series can be a major source of traffic for your site. Don’t just think of website traffic. But, think about your business or shop too? Let’s say you have a printables or home decor shop. Think how you can do a 12-day series on decorating your home in winters. Each day, you can share some ideas and also link out to one product in your shop.
Some Holiday Content Series Ideas;
- 12 days of Christmas Sale
- 10 cute christmas card ideas for kids
- 7 days of craft ideas for holidays
- Holiday Series: 20 holiday tradition ideas
- 14 Holiday experience ideas with your kids
- DIY projects: 12 Days of Dollar Store Christmas Projects
- 10 Day Series on How to Organize Christmas Party at home
- Christmas Tree Decor Series : 7 Days
#2. Gift Guides
The most popular gift guides are spectacular attractions for holidays. Even though gift guides are common through the year, they are highlights for holidays. If you want to make some money during holidays, make sure to pick this holiday blog post idea first. Create a gift guide based on theme.
A gift guide displays a list of gift ideas and products without directly selling. The idea is to help your readers choose gifts around a specific theme. Let’s say ‘A gift guide for Christmas’, or ‘A holiday gift guide for couples’.
Don’t just focus on adding links to every product. In fact, do a search and see what makes a perfect gift for a mom on christmas. Then, add in more gift ideas for your audience. It’s not necessary that everyone would buy anything you list down but it helps in making up the decision. And, if someone likes the idea and wishes to buy from your shop or affiliate programs, you make money.
Big online stores create gift guides in all different categories and it’s a great idea to choose one for your own blog. Depending on your blog’s niche and audience interests, create a holiday gift guide.
Some Holiday Gift Guide Ideas;
- A blogger’s gift guide
- Holiday gift guide for Him
- Holiday gift guide for toddlers
- Holiday gift guide for working women
- Holiday gift guide for dad/mom
- Christmas ornaments gift guide
- Age-wise gift guide (30 Year Old Gift Guides)
- A minimalist gift guide
- Grandparents gift guide
- ______ (Main shopping category) Gift Guide For ____ (target customer)
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home Cook
- Holiday Gift Guide For Garden Lovers
- Holiday Gift Guide For Travellers
- Gift Guide For Tea Lovers
- Gift Guide For Coffee Lovers
Remember that gift ideas are created to showcase different products around one theme.
Few tips for a Successful Gift Guide
- Write a good headline that attracts ideal reader
- Choose products carefully
- Know how many products you like to add
- Where to find product photos and links
- Design a beautiful gift guide graphic. I use and recommend Canva Pro for such creative designs.
- Make an animated video (if you like)
- Use strong CTR to make people click on your links
- Add affiliate disclosures
- Promote your gift guide
- Send it to your email list as people are always interested in gift ideas for holidays
#3. Holiday Bucket List
In most countries where holidays are a big thing, creating a holiday bucket list content is absolutely perfect. You can list down all items you wish to do during special occasions like christmas, thanksgiving, new year etc.
Some holiday bucket list post ideas are;
- Holiday bucket list ideas
- Holiday bucket list printable
- Holiday bucket list for families
- Holiday bucket list for couples
- Ideas for christmas bucket list
- Bucket list holidays to take this year
#4. Holiday Travelling
Before the pandemic, vacations during holidays were a really big thing. Most people wait for an entire year to go on vacations in winters and enjoy holidays. Most people like to celebrate Christmas with families in different countries, and cities.
There’s lots of travelling during the holiday season. And, everybody is searching for holiday travel content ideas.
As things have started to slowly get back to normal life, here are some holiday content ideas you can use.
Here are few holiday travel blog post topics;
- Best tips to travel during holidays
- How to pack for traveling during holidays
- Money saving tips for traveling
- 2 week travelling ideas
- Holiday destination ideas
- Family holiday travel ideas
- Best places to travel on christmas in _____ (country/city)
- Best christmas vacations during lockdown
- Best christmas vacations for couples in 2020
#5. Holiday Celebrations
You can write bulk content on holiday celebrations as there’s a lot to talk about. From hosting parties to home decor, holiday festivities are never ending. Every family celebrates holidays differently. Some like to stay at home and spend most time with family at home. While others prefer to travel and meet friends and families in other cities.
But, everybody is busy having a good time during holidays. You can write multiple blog posts and give them ideas to do things. You can record step by step tutorials and so much more.
Holiday Celebration Ideas;
- Memorable holiday activities to do at home
- Holiday celebrations at home
- Holiday celebrations at office
- Holiday games for adults
- Holiday games for grandparents
- Virtual holiday party ideas
- Office holiday party ideas on a budget
- End of year celebration ideas
#6. A Year Review
As the year ends, write down the ultimate year review guide. It’s a simple blog post idea for holidays but your readers would enjoy it. You can review your whole year in one post. List down wins and failures. Mistakes and accomplishments. Milestones you have achieved. Friends you have made. Family life. Talk about kids. How did the year go for you?
- My first year review as a new blogger
- Ultimate 2021 year review : What I learned?
- Mistakes I made in 2021
- Things I did wrong this year
- Good-bye 2021 quotes
Note: There are 101 holiday post ideas below! Save the pinterest image to pinterest so that you can read it anytime you want 🙂 Thanks for pinning.
#7. New Year Goals and Affirmations
When one year ends, a new one begins. Write new year goals and what you aspire to achieve in the coming year. Prepare a list of goals for the new year. How would you like to spend your new year’s eve?
Trust me, you can write so much on this!
Here are few examples;
- My new year goals for 2022
- New year affirmations
- New year printable
- New year planner
- New year quotes
- How do I plan to spend my new year evening?
- New year wishes
- New year resolution for bloggers
I’m sure you’ve got enough ideas for holiday blogging content.
Feel free to get other ideas from the ultimate list below.
Ultimate List of 101 Holiday Blog Post Ideas
8. Home decor ideas for holidays
9. The beginners guide to holiday home decor
10. Holiday outfit ideas
11. Soft makeup tutorials for holidays
12. Best makeup gift ideas
13. Holiday fashion trends
14. Winter outfit ideas
15. Roundup of favorite winter trendy outfit inspiration
16. DIY holiday manicure
17. DIY holiday pedicure kit
18. DIY holiday self care tip
19. Write a holiday travel guide for ____ (city name)
20. Holiday travelling tips
21. Your plans to celebrate December 31
22. Write down New Year Goals and 30 affirmations
23. Your new cookie recipe for holiday season (Make a brand new recipe with your own touch)
24. List down year’s top inspirational blogs
24. What you learned in 2021?
25. DIY christmas gift ideas
26. Budget friendly DIY christmas decor ideas
27. Holiday gift ideas for moms under $50
28. Holiday party prep ideas
29. DIY holiday gifts for favorites
30. DIY wreath for winters (Step by step blog post)
31. Best tips to save money on holidays
32. Top holiday shopping tips
33. Record a holiday card tutorial (Handmade holiday card for family members)
34. 5 online places for holiday shopping
35. How to dress for holiday parties
36. DIY gift wrap ideas (Maybe, write a new post)
37. Stylish holiday party looks
38. Stylish christmas party looks
39. Holiday meal ideas
40. How to host holiday brunch (a free checklist)
41. DIY holiday crafts ideas
42. Holiday indoor game ideas
43. Cute holiday home tours
44. 5 books to read every christmas
45. 30+ Holiday food ideas
46. My favorite holiday meal I make every year
47. Share your black friday sales story
48. How to not spend too much money on black friday?
49. Best places to avail black friday deals
50. How to handle holiday stress
51. How do you celebrate holidays? Just an honest post
52. Rate your favorite holiday movies
53. Best destinations for perfect holiday pictures
54. Cute winter date ideas for couples
55. 70+ fun holiday activities
56. Romantic date ideas in winters
57. Christmas tree ornaments collections
58. Christmas gifts under $50
59. Ideal Christmas morning breakfast
60. Perfect Christmas eve dinner ideas
61. Best tips to snag Christmas deals and save money
62. Winter activities bucket list
63. What not to do on holidays!
64. Cute new year printables
65. The best healthy gifts you would get this holiday
66. How to spend more time with family during holidays
67. Holiday music list
68. Garden decor ideas for holidays/christmas
69. The ultimate winter travel vacation on budget
70. Best beauty products this winter
71. Self grooming tips before holidays
72. Holiday hairstyle tutorials
73. Holiday nail art ideas
74. What are some things you always celebrate on holidays? Any family tradition.
75. Last minute gift ideas for ___
76. How you balance family and in-laws during holidays
77. Your stupid christmas memory
78. Matching family outfits for christmas evening
79. Christmas cake / baking ideas and inspiration
80. How to shop for best lightening for home
81. Christmas planning to-do-list
82. How to make delicious chocolate bar for holidays
83. Cozy Christmas ideas
84. Best Christmas door hangers you would love to see
85. Holiday letter board quotes
86. Dollar Store Decoration Ideas
89. How I plan my holidays?
90. Thanksgiving meal ideas
91. Thanksgiving menu list
92. Thanksgiving decoration ideas
93. Winter outfits for work / Cold weather outfit ideas
94. 12 Days of Thanksgiving Meals
95. 10 families share Christmas Morning Traditions
96. Thanksgiving table decoration ideas
97. Must-Try Holiday Desserts This Season
98. Winter Essentials Kit
99. 15 Cozy Winter drinks
100. Winter drawing tutorial for kids
There, you go!
100+ ideas with lots of examples and themes for holiday blog content.
Holiday Blog Post Examples
Not sure, how to get started with your holiday content? Start with looking at your blog niche, and your audience interests. If you write about home decor then you have endless ideas to choose from. If you are in fashion niche, you can start with winter outfit inspiration ideas, themes, colours and gift guides.
Here are few holiday blog topic examples to check out;
Example #1: Take a look at table decor ideas on Thanksgiving. This post is based on 40 ideas and have a slide too. Each slide has some text and an image.
Example #2: Italian Cookie Recipe. It’s a recipe post with step by step instructions.
Example #3: The ultimate christmas bucket list
Example #4: A blogger’s gift guide: 22 Awesome Gift Ideas!
Your Turn To Create Holiday Blog Content
Start planning your holiday content by using these ideas for inspiration. Just know that you can play around with these topics, and be creative with your own ideas.
Make a new dessert recipe.
DIY craft idea for kids.
Your personal wardrobe collection or how you dress up.
Want more ideas? Go over this post that shows 25 unique ways to come up with new blog post topics! Don’t try to choose all of these methods, but use at least 5-7 to get enough ideas.