With over 70 million users, Pinterest is one of the highlighted social network and a search engine. It works efficiently to flourish business, increase sales and the overall blog traffic. An enormous number of entrepreneurs, bloggers, and designers are using Pinterest as a search engine platform to share their content to a larger audience. It is an excellent source of collecting a massive list of page views.
Who doesn’t enjoy the power of website traffic on the sites?
Everyone does! If you are a blogger, you definitely have to implement multiple strategies to grow your blog. And, Pinterest group boards are productive in boosting traffic.
If you are still not getting attention on Pinterest, you may like to read my first Pinterest lesson on How does Pinterest work? Many of you must have an in-depth knowledge of Pinterest but, aspiring bloggers might hunt for posts to learn how to find group boards and how to join them.
This will definitely work profitably for your business.
PINTEREST GROUP BOARDS – a direct source to drive traffic
A Pinterest group board is a combined platform where various bloggers pin each other’s content to get noticed. It gives a priceless opportunity to feature unique blog posts about products, tips, and tricks, lessons, methods, DIY, food recipes, fitness gym regimes etc. In fact, several famous bloggers reveal Pinterest as their number one traffic source.
But, the questions are…
How can you identify a successful Pinterest group board?
How can you find Pinterest group boards?
What are the rules to join Pinterest group boards?
Before I unfold the answers to the above questions, I also want to briefly share the benefits of using these group boards. Trust me, it’s not just traffic.
Don’t forget to read these posts on Pinterest, if you really want to master at Pinterest;
BENEFITS OF USING PINTEREST GROUP BOARDS
- An increased number of Pinterest followers.
- It helps in boosting up the interaction with new bloggers of your niche.
- As Pinterest is more a search engine, it opens up a varied range of highly-informative pins.
- It brings a good amount of traffic to your site. Totally organic!
- These boards strengthen your brand’s online presence.
- Exposure to a completely different audience, who is genuinely interested in your content.
- It gives you tons of links to other helpful resources
- It will ultimately give a boost to your email list.
Related content: The Beginner’s Guide To Create An Email List For Free
Here’s my Pinterest Group Board ‘Blogging Tips + Tricks’. Have a look!
HOW TO IDENTIFY A SUCCESSFUL PINTEREST GROUP BOARD?
Now, this is important.
You definitely don’t want to join a board which is not even active and not even carries a good amount of pins and followers. Before you consider group boards, it is important to find boards that relate to your particular niche and specific audience. If you are a food blogger, your audience must be specifically interested in tempting recipes etc. I often take part in blog + biz group boards to pin about blogging tips. Because I also write about freelancing and self-improvement so I also pin to boards, belonging to these niches.
Note down following points in a successful Pinterest group board.
- A number of pins on the board.
- How many people have followed the board? The actual number of followers.
- The higher the number of repins. You have to consider such boards, where people repin each other’s content.
HOW CAN YOU FIND PINTEREST GROUP BOARDS, RELATED TO YOUR NICHE?
Many people get trouble in this. I often read queries in multiple facebook groups, where people ask the exact guidance to find related Pinterest group boards.
I give you the exact path to find Pinterest group boards, according to your niche and target audience.
- Visit Pingroupie. It displays thousands of group boards, of different niches. You just need to specify your requirement and you’ll be directed to a varied range of groups.
- Stalk popular Pinterest profiles. Yes, you’ve to put little extra efforts in order to avail a decent platform. I often try to establish connections with bloggers of the same niche. I visit their profiles for the quality pins and group boards, they have joined.
- Utilize Pinterest search bar. Type your topic of interest or niche in the bar. Select the ‘boards’ filter to scroll through the pages to collect relevant boards. Collaborative boards are recognized as an icon of two people.
- Facebook group ‘Pinterest Group Board Directory’.
Have not found some niche specific Pinterest group boards yet?
Check out PinSprout – It’s a free Pinterest group directory that has a collection for over 100,000 group boards! It’s a massive resource to find out niche-specific Pinterest group boards. Just type your niche, and you will find details regarding the board including a number of contributors, followers, pins and repins.
To be honest, I’ve found a number of boards, of my niche, through the same methods. And, it worked!
I’ve got a list of 35+ Pinterest group boards for bloggers, freelancers, and entrepreneurs. These boards actually accept new collaborators but make sure you abide by the guidelines.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN PINTEREST GROUP BOARDS
After you’ve targeted several boards through the above tricky methods, now you’ve to go through how to join thing. Many group owners specify the directions in the group description about how to send an invite etc. Few groups don’t make it easy for the collaborators. Follow these steps to go for;
- Follow the board and the owner’s profile.
- When you visit a group board, you’ll see some profiles on the right corner of the board display. The first profile is the owner’s profile. Just hit ‘follow’.
- Comment on a recent pin of the group owner, asking to add you to the Pinterest group board.
- Send an email to the owner and request him/her to send you an invite to join the board. Make sure, you mentioned the name of the group board you intend to be added, your Pinterest URL or username and your email address linked to your Pinterest profile.
If you’re interested in seeing pins related to blogging, pinterest and online growth then you can follow me Shemeansblogging on Pinterest here.
Here are some of my boards open for collaborators;
Make sure to follow the rules mentioned in the description. Please wait for a couple of days to get accepted.
USING PINTEREST GROUP BOARDS
Awesome! You’ve gone through the tricky stages and now you are ready to PIN.
Before you start pinning, look at this post to find out the best times to pin on Pinterest.
Once you join pinterest boards, what is the procedure?
How can you utilise group boards to get more traffic and reach?
Well, it is pretty simple.
- Be more consistent in pinning. Let’s suppose, you share 5 pins every day so make a schedule to always pin at least 5 every day. Well, if you’re a complete new then aim for at least 10 – 15 pins every day. Some of your pins, and some others.
- Pin every day – Every group board illustrates rules to follow. It’s better if you read those small rules. Some allow 3 pins each day whereas few put no restrictions in pinning. For this, you have to shoot quality pins per day to be on the board.
3. Follow 1:4 ratio – Don’t just pin your content! If you share one pin of your own content, leading to your blog then you should have to pin 4 pins of other’s content too. You may be kicked out of the group if you keep sharing your content only. You must have to follow this.
4. Use Tailwind: Simply use tailwind to schedule pins to group boards and your own boards. It can save your time, and of course, increase your traffic.
You can use trial or paid versions of Pinterest scheduling tools like Tailwind and Boardbooster to pin maximum content. It can schedule the content of your whole week in less than an hour.
When you sign up with tailwind using this link, we will both get one month free.
So, it’s a win-win.
I explained in this tutorial how I use Tailwind to schedule unlimited pins every day!
More posts related to Pinterest;
Hopefully, this detailed post proves to be helpful for you in understanding the Pinterest group boards.
I’d appreciate if you share this useful information with fellows.
By the way, do you know any other ways of getting added to Pinterest group boards?
Let me know your valuable views in the comments section.